Sorry, the media you have requested has expired.
Episode: Top 25 Songs of 2009-Steve di Costanzo from Radio Base Camp (90 minute Set)
Steve di Costanzo from WPKN's Radio Base Camp showcases his Top 25 Songs of the Year (2009) as seen through the prism of RBC's fondness for psychedelia, surf, garage, rock, folk and beyond. Many of thse songs were played either on the original overnight shows ("Midnight Madness" segments) or most recently on RBC's weekly Friday afternoon show from 1pm to 4pm. (EST) These are not your usual songs or your typical end of the year critic's poll. But does Radio Base Camp ever play the usual? One thing we can say is: these songs are solid on so many different levels. Hope you enjoy the music. Let the bands know you heard about them from Radio Base Camp on WPKN 89.5 FM in Bridgeport, CT (USA).
If you are not a Facebook "Fan" of Radio Base Camp you are enthusiastically invited to become one:
2009 Top 25 Songs of the Year (Alphabetical Order)
Adult Army Screaming Females (U.S.-New Jersey)
Bonfires On the Heath The Clientele (England)
Darling Born Blond (England)
Brave Bulging Buoyant Clairvoyants Wild Beasts (England)
Can You Hear? Elephants on Acid (England)
Clap Your Hands and Shake a Chain The See See (England)
Dare To Lick (Hunter's Red Sleeve) La Fleur Fatale (Sweden)
Feel It All Around Washed Out (USA-Georgia)
Fly the Yellow Kite The Junipers (England)
Freeway Kurt Vile (USA-Pennsylvania)
Goodbye JoJo 98Pages (England)
Information Overload El Goodo (Wales)
Slick Chew Lips (England)
Young Adult Friction The Pains of Being Pure at Heart (USA-New York)
Furr Blitzen Trapper (USA-Portland)
Shape of My Heart Noah and the Whale (England)
Kiss With a Fist Florence + The Machine (England)
Up To Our Nex Robyn Hitchcock & The Venus 3 (England)
Ha Ha Tree Smokey Shade Angles (England)
Here to Fall Yo La Tengo (USA- New Jersey)
Twin of Myself Black Moth Super Rainbow (USA-Pennsylvania)
The Man's Machine Jamie T (England)
Madman Running through the Fields Cranium Pie (England)
Potted Plant Cast Spells (USA-Chicago)
John & Yoko (featuring Yelle) Kennedy (USA- Los Angeles)
Show: Radio Base Camp hosted by Steve di Costanzo
- Radio Base Camp hosted by Steve di Costanzo is NOW heard every Tuesday morning from 7am to 9am
- RADIO BASE CAMP focuses on the newest indie rock, 60s beat-punk,psych, garage-fuzz, surf, 70s punk, 60s greasy soul & r'n'b shakers, 50s R&R, exotica, afrobeat, jamaican ska/rocksteady and beyond We play deep tracks and unpolished gems, songs you may remember and ones you might not have heard, along with demos, rarities, alternative takes and all kinds of great music that doesn't get played that often. We also feature new music by current bands, many of whom are influenced by the 60's (and beyond). We do live and telephone interviews with musicians, producers, and chroniclers of an era spanning from the 1950's to present day. We aim to highlight and focus on music with great song writing, sounds and production, having a lot of fun in the process...
- a little history....RADIO BASE CAMP is a radio show that I started in 2007 on live365.com internet radio. It became a weekly WPKN "overnight" in early 2008 from Sunday into Monday for two years before moving to Friday afternoons in September 2009 with my part-time co-host, Eric Cocks.
- In early 2010, I decided to focus on my own programming and me and Eric reconfigured our weekly radio show into two seperate and distinct shows: Radio Base Camp with hosted Steve di Costanzo and Connections ...With Eric Cocks.
- Starting July 1, 2012 I became the paid GM of WPKN and phased out my "working hours" show. I now can be heard every Tuesday morning from 7am to 9am.
- Radio Base Camp is hosted by Steve di Costanzo
- Contact : Radio Base Camp FACEBOOK Fan Page:
- For information, questions or to get on our email list: email@example.com
- Interviews/Special Shows on RADIO BASE CAMP available on archives:
- Bill Lincoln from U.S. duo EUPHORIA whose sole album has been called "one of the most important ever"
- Barry Tashian from The Remains with Fred Cantor producer of "America's Lost Band"
- MELANIE the noted singer-songwriter (Steve di Costanzo)
- Andy Bracken from Fruits de Mer Records in London & Virginia (Steve)
- Ron Sanchez from Donovan's Brain, Career Records and KGLT in Bozeman, NT (Steve)
- Felix Cavaliere from The Rascals (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Tommy James from Tommy James and the Shondells
- Carol Kaye (noted session player) (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Singer and songwriter Sam Phillips (interviewd by Eric Cocks)
- Andrew Sandoval from Rhino Records (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Merrell Fankhauser from HMS Bounty and Farkopady (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Singer-Songwriter Don Cooper (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Sky Saxon from The Seeds (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Peppy Castro from The Blues Magoos (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Johnny Echols from Love (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Richie Unterberger (noted Rock author and reviewer) (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Tom Moon (1,000 Recordings...) (Steve di Costanzo
- Mark Naftalin (Butterfield Blues Band-special DJ Show)
- Rusty Ford (Lothar and the Hand People) (Steve)
- Hilton Valentine from The Animals (special program with Germaine)
- James Lowe and Mark Tulin from The Electric Prunes (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- and many many more