Episode: Radio Base Camp- THE FRENZY 2.0! 4/1/17
Host: Steve di Costanzo - Radio Base Camp on WPKN 89.5-FM (Bridgeport)
'The Frenzy' a dj dance night that I hosted with Bart Mellits in the Pub at Georgetown U in 1980. We held down Wed nights with the best in ska, new wave and punk. Crates of LP's in a shopping cart and long walks back home but first a stop at what we affectionately called the PLO cafe for an early breakfast. I'll walk a bit of that old path as I host a @Radio Base Camp show from 7am to 9am. A bit early I realize but will be raising money for WPKN as part of PUNK ATTITUDE.
Frenzy 2.0 along with us! And go online or call in to say hello 203-384-9756 and pledge.
Outside My Door CAN
Evil Hoodoo The Seeds
Who Is It? Talking Heads
The He Kissed Me The Hollywood Brats
break: Prodigal Son- dub/extended Steel Pulse
Walking On The Moon The Police
Making Plans for Nigel XTC
Talkin Load & Sayin Nothin (Pts 1 & 2) James Brown
Jazz is the Teacher (Funk is the Preacher) James 'Blood' Ulmer
Camera Camera The Teardrop Explodes
Jimmy Jimmy The Undertones
break Echo Beach Martha & The Muffins
I'm In Love with a Girl on the Manchester Virgin Megastore Check-out Desk The Freshies
Three Minute Hero The Selector
My Generation (Smothers Brothers Show) The Who
EMI Sex Pistols (w Rock n Roll Swindle mixed in for good measure)
I Fought The Law The Clash
Suffragette City David Bowie
break- Will Anything Happen Blondie
C'Mon Everybody Eddie Cochran
Roadrunner Stack Waddy
If You Got, You'll get It The Headhunters
Marquee Moon Television
break: Confusion Silver Apples
Two Sevens Clash Culture
Love Song Simple Minds
Show: Radio Base Camp hosted by Steve di Costanzo
- Radio Base Camp hosted by Steve di Costanzo is NOW heard every Tuesday morning from 7am to 9am
My friend Howard Thompson is doing his show 'pure' on 1st & 3rd Fridays as I've shifted during the day to being the GM of WPKN. . Just bear in mind that the last Friday of the month is reserved for Chris Frantz and his show- "Chris Frantz the Talking Head"
- I have given up my late night show Radio Base Camp-Late Night on the 2nd & 4th Monday nights from 11:00pm to 2:00am. Because of my new weekly morning music show. See seperate related episodes
- RADIO BASE CAMP focuses on the newest indie rock, 60s beat-punk,psych, garage-fuzz, surf, 70s punk, 60s greasy soul & r'n'b shakers, 50s R&R, exotica, afrobeat, jamaican ska/rocksteady and beyond We play deep tracks and unpolished gems, songs you may remember and ones you might not have heard, along with demos, rarities, alternative takes and all kinds of great music that doesn't get played that often. We also feature new music by current bands, many of whom are influenced by the 60's (and beyond). We do live and telephone interviews with musicians, producers, and chroniclers of an era spanning from the 1950's to present day. We aim to highlight and focus on music with great song writing, sounds and production, having a lot of fun in the process...
- a little history....RADIO BASE CAMP is a radio show that I started in 2007 on live365.com internet radio. It became a weekly WPKN "overnight" in early 2008 from Sunday into Monday for two years before moving to Friday afternoons in September 2009 with my part-time co-host, Eric Cocks. In early 2010, I decided to focus on my own programming and me and Eric reconfigured our weekly radio show into two seperate and distinct shows: Radio Base Camp with hosted Steve di Costanzo and Connections ...With Eric Cocks. Starting July 1, 2012 I became the paid GM of WPKN and phased out my "working hours" show. I now can be heard every Tuesday morning from 7am to 9am.
Radio Base Campt is hosted by Steve di Costanzo
Contact : Radio Base Camp FACEBOOK Fan Page:
For information, questions or to get on our email list: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews/Special Shows on RADIO BASE CAMP available on archives:
- Bill Lincoln from U.S. duo EUPHORIA whose sole album has been called "one of the most important ever"
- Barry Tashian from The Remains with Fred Cantor producer of "America's Lost Band"
- MELANIE the noted singer-songwriter (Steve di Costanzo)
- Andy Bracken from Fruits de Mer Records in London & Virginia (Steve)
- Ron Sanchez from Donovan's Brain, Career Records and KGLT in Bozeman, NT (Steve)
- Felix Cavaliere from The Rascals (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Tommy James from Tommy James and the Shondells
- Carol Kaye (noted session player) (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Singer and songwriter Sam Phillips (interviewd by Eric Cocks)
- Andrew Sandoval from Rhino Records (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Merrell Fankhauser from HMS Bounty and Farkopady (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Singer-Songwriter Don Cooper (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Sky Saxon from The Seeds (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Peppy Castro from The Blues Magoos (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Johnny Echols from Love (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Richie Unterberger (noted Rock author and reviewer) (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Tom Moon (1,000 Recordings...) (Steve di Costanzo
- Mark Naftalin (Butterfield Blues Band-special DJ Show)
- Rusty Ford (Lothar and the Hand People) (Steve)
- Hilton Valentine from The Animals (special program with Germaine)
- James Lowe and Mark Tulin from The Electric Prunes (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
and many more....