Episode: Radio Base Camp- My Latin Roots ?
Show: Radio Base Camp hosted by Steve di Costanzo
- Radio Base Camp hosted by Steve di Costanzo is NOW heard every Tuesday morning from 7am to 9am
My friend Howard Thompson is doing his show 'pure' on 1st & 3rd Fridays as I've shifted during the day to being the GM of WPKN. . Just bear in mind that the last Friday of the month is reserved for Chris Frantz and his show- "Chris Frantz the Talking Head"
- I have given up my late night show Radio Base Camp-Late Night on the 2nd & 4th Monday nights from 11:00pm to 2:00am. Because of my new weekly morning music show. See seperate related episodes
- RADIO BASE CAMP focuses on the newest indie rock, 60s beat-punk,psych, garage-fuzz, surf, 70s punk, 60s greasy soul & r'n'b shakers, 50s R&R, exotica, afrobeat, jamaican ska/rocksteady and beyond We play deep tracks and unpolished gems, songs you may remember and ones you might not have heard, along with demos, rarities, alternative takes and all kinds of great music that doesn't get played that often. We also feature new music by current bands, many of whom are influenced by the 60's (and beyond). We do live and telephone interviews with musicians, producers, and chroniclers of an era spanning from the 1950's to present day. We aim to highlight and focus on music with great song writing, sounds and production, having a lot of fun in the process...
- a little history....RADIO BASE CAMP is a radio show that I started in 2007 on live365.com internet radio. It became a weekly WPKN "overnight" in early 2008 from Sunday into Monday for two years before moving to Friday afternoons in September 2009 with my part-time co-host, Eric Cocks. In early 2010, I decided to focus on my own programming and me and Eric reconfigured our weekly radio show into two seperate and distinct shows: Radio Base Camp with hosted Steve di Costanzo and Connections ...With Eric Cocks. Starting July 1, 2012 I became the paid GM of WPKN and phased out my "working hours" show. I now can be heard every Tuesday morning from 7am to 9am.
Radio Base Campt is hosted by Steve di Costanzo
Contact : Radio Base Camp FACEBOOK Fan Page:
For information, questions or to get on our email list: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews/Special Shows on RADIO BASE CAMP available on archives:
- Bill Lincoln from U.S. duo EUPHORIA whose sole album has been called "one of the most important ever"
- Barry Tashian from The Remains with Fred Cantor producer of "America's Lost Band"
- MELANIE the noted singer-songwriter (Steve di Costanzo)
- Andy Bracken from Fruits de Mer Records in London & Virginia (Steve)
- Ron Sanchez from Donovan's Brain, Career Records and KGLT in Bozeman, NT (Steve)
- Felix Cavaliere from The Rascals (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Tommy James from Tommy James and the Shondells
- Carol Kaye (noted session player) (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Singer and songwriter Sam Phillips (interviewd by Eric Cocks)
- Andrew Sandoval from Rhino Records (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Merrell Fankhauser from HMS Bounty and Farkopady (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Singer-Songwriter Don Cooper (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Sky Saxon from The Seeds (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Peppy Castro from The Blues Magoos (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Johnny Echols from Love (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Richie Unterberger (noted Rock author and reviewer) (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Tom Moon (1,000 Recordings...) (Steve di Costanzo
- Mark Naftalin (Butterfield Blues Band-special DJ Show)
- Rusty Ford (Lothar and the Hand People) (Steve)
- Hilton Valentine from The Animals (special program with Germaine)
- James Lowe and Mark Tulin from The Electric Prunes (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
and many more....