Sorry, the media you have requested has expired.
Episode: Radio Base Camp with Steve di Costanzo | 10/25/16
HOST: Steve di Costanzo 89.5-FM Bridgeport. Fairfield, New Haven and Litchfield counties in CT and Suffolk county (North Fork and The Hamptons ) New York.
RADIO BASE CAMP: (scroll down for this morning's music artists) Was just chatting online with a trek company in Nepal who said the season is good this Fall...not at pre-earthquake levels but good. If you ever get the chance to go there- GO! I have a fun show planned. Always interested to play with the flow...and highlight both old(er) songs and new releases. Feel an obligation to both. There's great music of course that has come before and great music being made new every day that will be retro one day. Artists on tap: Kevin Ayers, Air, La Femme, Lee Hazelwood & Suzi Jane Hokum, Grace Jones, Alex Puddu, Climax Blues Band, Mike Bloomfield (with our own WPKN's Mark Naftalin on keyboards, CSNY, David Byrne, Oasis, Paul & The Tall Trees, Devendra Bahnhart, The Orb, Eros & the Eschaton, Balkan Beat Box, Love, Lou Reed, Grateful Dead, Dwight Yoakam, Natural Child, The Screaming Blu Messiahs, Iggy Pop and...? (gear pic a Mountain Throw-back Tuesday addition) Tune in at 7am. Washing water/then coffee at 6:30am. WPKN 89.5-FM in Bridgeport, CT
(NEW RELEASES-Record Label)
Radio Base Camp Theme
Perpetual Dawn [Ultrabass II] The Orb The Orb's Adventures Beyond The Ultraworld
Danger Zone Air Twentyears: Rarities (Rhino)
Theme For A Taiwanese Woman In Lime Green Devendra Banhart Ape In Pink Marble (Nonesuch)
Once in a While Paul & The Tall Trees Our Love in the Light (Big Crown)
D'You Know What I Mean? (NG's 2016 Rethink) Oasis Be Here Now (Deluxe Edition) (Big Brother)
Break: Light Bath + Black Flag David Byrne The Complete Score From "The Catherine Wheel"
Immigration Man Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young CSNY 1974
Stop Mike Bloomfield
Don't Think About It Baby Mike Bloomfield It's Not Killing Me
So Many Roads Climax Blues Band FM /Live
break: The Barber Shop Alex Puddu The Golden Age Of Danish Pornography (Naxos of America)
I've Seen That Face Before (Libertango) Grace Jones
The Girls In Paris Lee Hazlewood & Suzi Jane Hokum
It's Time to Wake Up 2023 La Femme Psycho Tropical Berlin
Au Fond Du Rêve Doré Air Twentyears: Rarities (Rhino)
Thank You Very Much Kevin Ayers
break: Helicopter Eros And The Eschaton Weight Of Matter (Bar/None)
Chin Chin Balkan Beat Box Shout It Out (Digital Monkey)
¡Que Vida! Love
Halloween Parade Lou Reed
WPKN-ID - Joe Boyd
New Minglewood Blues Grateful Dead Hartford CT, Hartford
Gone (That'll Be Me) Dwight Yoakam Swimmin' Pools, Movie Stars… (Sugar Hill)
Wild Blue Yonder The Screaming Blue Messiahs
Curiosity Iggy Pop
outro: Benny's Here Natural Child Okey Dokey (Natural Records)
Show: Radio Base Camp hosted by Steve di Costanzo
- Radio Base Camp hosted by Steve di Costanzo is NOW heard every Tuesday morning from 7am to 9am
My friend Howard Thompson is doing his show 'pure' on 1st & 3rd Fridays as I've shifted during the day to being the GM of WPKN. . Just bear in mind that the last Friday of the month is reserved for Chris Frantz and his show- "Chris Frantz the Talking Head"
- I have given up my late night show Radio Base Camp-Late Night on the 2nd & 4th Monday nights from 11:00pm to 2:00am. Because of my new weekly morning music show. See seperate related episodes
- RADIO BASE CAMP focuses on the newest indie rock, 60s beat-punk,psych, garage-fuzz, surf, 70s punk, 60s greasy soul & r'n'b shakers, 50s R&R, exotica, afrobeat, jamaican ska/rocksteady and beyond We play deep tracks and unpolished gems, songs you may remember and ones you might not have heard, along with demos, rarities, alternative takes and all kinds of great music that doesn't get played that often. We also feature new music by current bands, many of whom are influenced by the 60's (and beyond). We do live and telephone interviews with musicians, producers, and chroniclers of an era spanning from the 1950's to present day. We aim to highlight and focus on music with great song writing, sounds and production, having a lot of fun in the process...
- a little history....RADIO BASE CAMP is a radio show that I started in 2007 on live365.com internet radio. It became a weekly WPKN "overnight" in early 2008 from Sunday into Monday for two years before moving to Friday afternoons in September 2009 with my part-time co-host, Eric Cocks. In early 2010, I decided to focus on my own programming and me and Eric reconfigured our weekly radio show into two seperate and distinct shows: Radio Base Camp with hosted Steve di Costanzo and Connections ...With Eric Cocks. Starting July 1, 2012 I became the paid GM of WPKN and phased out my "working hours" show. I now can be heard every Tuesday morning from 7am to 9am.
Radio Base Campt is hosted by Steve di Costanzo
Contact : Radio Base Camp FACEBOOK Fan Page:
For information, questions or to get on our email list: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews/Special Shows on RADIO BASE CAMP available on archives:
- Bill Lincoln from U.S. duo EUPHORIA whose sole album has been called "one of the most important ever"
- Barry Tashian from The Remains with Fred Cantor producer of "America's Lost Band"
- MELANIE the noted singer-songwriter (Steve di Costanzo)
- Andy Bracken from Fruits de Mer Records in London & Virginia (Steve)
- Ron Sanchez from Donovan's Brain, Career Records and KGLT in Bozeman, NT (Steve)
- Felix Cavaliere from The Rascals (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Tommy James from Tommy James and the Shondells
- Carol Kaye (noted session player) (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Singer and songwriter Sam Phillips (interviewd by Eric Cocks)
- Andrew Sandoval from Rhino Records (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Merrell Fankhauser from HMS Bounty and Farkopady (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Singer-Songwriter Don Cooper (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Sky Saxon from The Seeds (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Peppy Castro from The Blues Magoos (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Johnny Echols from Love (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Richie Unterberger (noted Rock author and reviewer) (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
- Tom Moon (1,000 Recordings...) (Steve di Costanzo
- Mark Naftalin (Butterfield Blues Band-special DJ Show)
- Rusty Ford (Lothar and the Hand People) (Steve)
- Hilton Valentine from The Animals (special program with Germaine)
- James Lowe and Mark Tulin from The Electric Prunes (Steve di Costanzo & Eric Cocks)
and many more....